- Faith will tell you that there is a god. Religion will tell you his name, address, contact details, food choices, fashion tastes, gender, and pet peeves.
- Faith tells you that your prayer will be answered. Religion tells you that your prayer will be answered only when you have performed a-b-c acts, donated x amount of food, clothes and money to the institution, and prologued and epilogued your prayers with these specific sounds.
- Faith tells you to believe in humanity. Religion tells you to believe in community.
- Faith tells you to lay down your beliefs to save lives. Religion tells you lay down your lives to save your beliefs.
- Faith tells you to stay simple. Religion tells you that the more complex things are the more they are respected.
- Faith tells you that you have a direct connect with almighty. Religion tells you that you can contact god only through agents, brokers and fixers.
- Faith tells you that even if you don’t believe in god, have faith, things will work out. Religion tells you that if you do not believe in god—in a god who has been prescribed—you will be proscribed.
- Faith is a solo activity. Religion requires the involvement of agents, intermediaries, and translators.
Published by Anupam Choudhury
I'm a writer, editor, and blogger from New Delhi, India.
View more posts
2 thoughts on “Faith versus Religion: How to Tell Them Apart”
Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark—- Rabindranath Tagore.When difficulties arise, we should trust that they’ll only lead to a better life in the end.You have heard thatRivers, ponds, lakes and streams – they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do…Let's not fight at this moment in sake of religion rather we shld have faith to HEAL. This time needs paitence..hope everything will be okay soon.
Thanks for the comment!